Last Updated: January 14, 2019
This page explains how the price of your Booking is determined and the Fees you pay to Sharecube for using our platform. All Users acknowledge and agree that all payments shall be made in accordance with this Fees Overview. The total price for a Booking will be presented prior to your acceptance. Once accepted our Cancellation and Refund Policy applies. We may authorise a hold for the total price amount to your credit card or other payment methods linked to your Account when you request a Booking. When a Booking is made more than 80 days prior to the event date, we will charge your Account a booking deposit (<30% of your total booking price) and the balance will be charged to your account 80 days prior to your event start date. When a booking is made less than 80 days prior to the event date, we charge your account the full booking price upfront.
Costs set by the Host:
- Booking Price: The rate charged by the Host for use of the Space. This is usually based on an hourly or daily rate.
- Cleaning Fee: A one-time fee charged by some Hosts.
- Host Add-Ons Fee: The fees charged by Hosts for providing additional services for an Event booking.
Costs set by Sharecube:
- Sharecube Service Fee: Fee paid to Sharecube for use of the Services and Platform and to ensure a high-quality experience for Hosts and Guests. Includes Guest Fees and Host Fees.
Additional Fees and Costs:
Guests may be charged for additional fees associated with their use of a Space or Various Services (“Additional Fees”). These may include:
- Overtime Charge. Where you exceed the use limitations of a Space, additional fees will be based on the hourly rate for the Space, at one or one-and-one-half times the scheduled rate, and will be billed in 30-minute increments.
- Over Capacity Fees. For over-intensive use of a Space (e.g., materially exceeding the agreed number of attendees in violation of a Supplemental Booking Agreement), in our sole discretion we may impose an additional use charge.
- Damages and other Costs. While we try to avoid these situations, occasionally the terms or expectations of a Booking are not met, and additional costs may be owed by a guest. This may include damage to or misuse of a Space (or the personal property therein), excess rubbish left at a Space that would require use of a hauling service, violations of the Booking Agreement, insufficient funds or unauthorised use of a payment account, or other claims. Where any Fines are owed, you agree that we may immediately charge any payment method linked to your Account.
We may bill any Additional Fees when notified that the agreed-upon time for use was exceeded and may charge any payment method tied to the Guest’s Account. Any disputes relating to Additional Fees are subject to the dispute resolution process.
How Does Sharecube Calculate its Service Fees?
Sharecube charges guests a processing fee (“Guest Fee”) to help cover the costs of running our business, including completing your transaction and providing support for your booking and all services added. The guest processing fee is a percentage of the booking subtotal and is added to all transactions. Guests always see the exact amount of the fee during the booking process.
We charge Hosts a service fee (“Host Fee”), which is retained by Sharecube from a Host’s payout. The Host Fee is based on the Booking subtotal and is retained at the time a Host’s payout is initiated. Hosts will be made aware of the exact amount of the fee during the booking process.
Sharecube will normally initiate payouts to Hosts within 3 to 7 days after a Booking is completed. We may withhold a payout if a dispute is initiated between a Guest and a Host, or as otherwise permitted by the Services Agreement. Payouts of Additional Fees for overtime or damages, or resulting from a dispute will be paid within a reasonable time after settlement of a dispute. Timing of a payout may also be modified where the Booking is updated, rescheduled, or cancelled.
All Fees are subject to our Cancellation and Refund Policy.